ViewAQC: QA/QC Reference Sheet Views Across Multiple Revit Models
ViewAQC is a 26 Degrees Software QAQC application designed for referencing and coordinating Revit sheet views of a multi-model, multi-building Revit project. It manages and references sheet views from any Revit model into any other Revit model. A project model can then be opened, and a detail callout, section, elevation, or text note reference can be placed that is linked to any 2D, 2.5D of 3D sheet view in another Project model. Thus, a callout tag of a “typical condition” from Model A can be placed and coordinated into Model B, Model C, Model D, etc.
CHRISTINE CAVATAIO, SENIOR VP & CHUM SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
"Our project team of 150+ Revit users working on 41 Revit models in 10 CannonDesign offices around the world needed a tool to reference common details from model to model. ViewAQC™ provided a QAQC workflow that leveraged the management of sheet view callouts across a 6,000 sheet, Phase 1 architectural package set. Due to the pace of the project, we did not have the time to manage Revit callouts by “duplicating” views within each model. ViewAQC™ was and remains a brilliant solution for man…"
CLIENTS USING VIEWAQC FOR THEIR REVIT PROJECTS
ViewAQC Return on Investment
Prior to using ViewAQC, each user working on any multi-model Revit project is required to understand the complex workflow of creating “duplicate sheet views” in each model in order to place “typical project” detail callouts. These callouts are not linked between Revit models and thus all coordination of these callouts is done manually. From our research, each Revit user spends an estimated minimum of seven hours per month manually managing and coordinating these duplicate Revit views and callouts.
ViewAQC removes the time needed for this effort. Instead, “linked” ViewAQC reference callouts are placed from one model into any other model and auto-update as changes occur. When compared to the alternative workflow outlined above, ViewAQC (on average) pays for itself in the first month of use, and provides a coordinated document set of live “linked” callouts across the multi-model Revit project without the manual coordination effort.
ViewAQC is a QAQC application designed for referencing and coordinating Revit sheet views of a multi-model, multi-building Revit project. Native Revit does not allow the referencing of “typical” sheet views from one model into another. ViewAQC allows any view on any sheet in one Revit model to be referenced into any another Revit model. A Revit user can a reference graphic representing a detail callout, section, elevation, or text note which has a live link to any 2D, 2.5D of 3D sheet view in another Revit project model. Thus, a callout tag of a “typical condition” from Model A can be placed and coordinated into Model B, Model C, Model D, etc.
Many Benefits of using ViewAQC:
• Updates detail number/sheet number of any view in a Project model automatically in existing references placed across all other project models.
• Monitors references for broken links, intentional or accidental, and prompts for resolution.
• Updates to references in project models are logged into Comma Separated Value (.csv) files including date, time, model name, and username.
• Easily creates customized reports identifying any or all references in a set of documents. Quickly identify any references that require an update and issuance / re-issuance, based on submission criteria.
• Enables compilation of a set of vetted details based on best practices to drop into a project (of any size) and immediately begin referencing and customization, saving time and increasing profit.
• Enables management of all detail components in a single Revit model, reducing maintenance and magnitude of change on large projects.
• Reduces project model size by not having to store detail component families across multiple models.
Revit out-of-the-box does not have the ability to create references to views from another model. ViewAQC offers this unique functionality, critical to coordinating a large project’s document set. ViewAQC also increases efficiency for projects of all sizes as they approach construction documentation, allowing a set of best practice details to be quickly and easily incorporated and managed. Please call today for a live (videoconference) demonstration at your convenience.